Welcome on my blog!

I would like to share my adenventures from all over the world.
Feel free to leave a feedback!
Enjoy the blog!

Montag, 18. Juni 2007

As an exchange Student in Capetown, South Africa (07.07.2005 - 04.08.2005)


From 07.07.2005 to 04.08.2005 I took part in the Youth Exchange Programm with South Africa which is offered by the organisation "FSA". FSA stands for Friendship to South Africa. The exchange programm doesn´t belong to a churchly or political group.It is a private initative which organises this programm since 8 years.Out of personal engagement and love to both countries the organizers work hard to maintain the programm for more and more pupils who want to travel to South Africa in order to spend their holidays their for 4 weeks or 3 months. This programm also contains the possibility for South African pupils´ to spend a certain time in a german family and enable them to get to know the "German way of life". It is not obliged to accomodate a South African. Anyway the organisation is always happy about people who are willing to host young people from South Africa.

Structure of FSA:
- FSA Youth Exchange was founded in 1966.
- The head office is in Pretoria/South Africa. The german offices are in Bielefeld and Würzburg.

Advantages for young people:
- Young people get the opportunity to spend a certain time in an unknown country. They can experience the life in a south-african family, go to school there and learn more about the culture and customs of this country
- Besides, it is a good possibility to proove themself and to discover their own abilities and boundaries. They will be more independent and more self-confident.
- Living in a south-african families offers as well the host the possbility to learn more about the germany culture. The german pupils living in south-african families are like representative of Germany.It is also precious to keep contact with people from foreign countries!

My personal opinion about the FSA programm and my time in South Africa:
I am glad that I took part at the youth exchange to South Africa. I spent 4 weeks with my hostfamily. They are very kind people and did a lot for me. I also got theo pportunity to meet a lot of other people in each ages. South Africans´are really niceand open-minded people. I was always chating and talking with them. I never got bored. They are really entertaining and funny people,escpecially my hostfamily. I had a lot of fun with them and I am sure that I will never forget the great moments I spent with them. As I arrived in SA I did not need a lot of time to get used to the life in my hostfamiy. I could easily make myself at home and honestly it worked already after a while. Besides, I could experience the life in an other culture. The south african culture is different to our. For me, the stay in South Africa was a good experience and sometimes really adventurous. Besides, I was able to improove my english. I kept speaking english as good as I can. I just heard people speaking english and spoke it myself, too. Beside,a lot of people in South Africa speak Afrikaans, the traditional language of South Africa. I couldn´t understand
anything, but it was nice to listen to them. At first you think it is strange but after a certain time I could understand a little bit what they meant.My mother got the idea to send me to South Africa. At first I was not sure but then I agreed. I feld a little bit arguable because I did not
know what to expect. Anyway I looked forward to go to South Africa and I tried to make the best out of it. And I am sure, I did. I want to advise the great programm the organisation „FSA“ offers. It is a really good thing. In my eyes it is also very important to keep contact with
People from foreing countries. I got a lot of addresses and I will stay in contact with them as long as possible.
In December 2005 my family and me hosted a South African guy. He stayed here for 4 weeks, like I did in South Africa. The FSA is happy
about volunteers who host people from South Africa.
If you have got any questions and are interested you can ask me every time!



Here are some Photos I took during

my stay in South Africa:


We were driving along the seaside in Capetown and stopped

at several places - the view on the ocean is incredibly nice



Here again - short stop by the seaside for a snapshot


This is my favorite photo of my time in Capetown it was taken at the Cape of Good Hope
(for more information about the Cape of Good Hope: http://cape-town-search-engine-swicki.eurekster.com/cape+of+good+hope/)


Here I am posing on a wall on Tablemountain ( = one of Capetown´s greatest attractions) with the City of Capetown and the Ocean in the background




Again me posing on a wall on Tablemountain

We stopped at a small port and ate fish&chips this was taking while we were havin a rest


Nice Photo with Mountain and ocean in the background


My hostbrother Robert and me went on excursion to Robin Island


I went on a Townshiptour in Capetown - this photo provides insight into the "everyday life" in a Township


cute photo of two Kids living in the Township


Two Kids and me posing for a snapshot in front of the only Townshiphotel in South Africa




two other german exchange students (Dominik on the left and Tina on the right) and me at the airport in Johannesburg


The Big Five: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhinoceros
I have seen them all on the thrilling Safari-Tour :)




Photo Mix South Africa



Here are some Photos I have taken during my stay in SA 2006
Enjoy the Slideshow ;-)



Keine Kommentare: