Welcome on my blog!

I would like to share my adenventures from all over the world.
Feel free to leave a feedback!
Enjoy the blog!

Samstag, 25. August 2007

My first two weeks in SA....

Time flies by and I am in SA since 2 weeks. I can't believe time passes so quickly. Anyway I arrived safely ( with 1 1/2 hours delay due to technical problems) in Joburg on the 9th of August and was heartily welcomed by my hostfamily from Reitz.( Reitz is in the Freestates: it is a Province in SA/ it is about a 2 hours-ride from Joburg) Before I could go through the security controls, a security guy with his snooping dog has checked up on me. I had to open my suitcase since the dog smelled all my gifts like german chocolates etc.! I have satisfied the security guy with a german chocolate and his investigation was finished from that moment on :-). I was really amazed at the wheater here and the climate differences between Germany and SA. During the day it can get quiet warm (up to 28 degrees at the most/spring has started just now) and the sun is lovely. But it gets freaky cold in the evening. So I am glad I took along enough warm clothes to prevent from getting sick. I had a bit of a flu recently( since I am not that used to the climate here) but my hostmother Ansie gave me some good medicine and I felt well again after a short while.

My hostfamily in Reitz lives on a farm. I am busy working on the farm, experience the life of an south african farmer, playing with the dogs (I love playing with the dogs, almost everybody here has at least one dog - my hostfamily has got 4 dogs), driving around with the motorbike, meeting some friends in town or plan my next adventurous trips ( I will visit a buddy in Pretoria very soon/Pretoria is South Africa's main capital). In no way I get bored. Sometimes we have a braii (= barbeuce). Having a braai is something typical for SA/ part of its culture. It is so much fun with all the people here. Up to now, I have just met friendly and open-minded people, especially my hostfamily is very hospitable and I can easily make myself at home here. I am grateful for all their help and efforts. Some days ago my hostfamily, some of their friends and me went on a trip to Lesotho. Pics will be published soon. Watch out :-) But first of all, have a look at the pictures below. I have taken them in the last two weeks except the map of the Freestates ( I have encircled Reitz)



Map of the Freestates



The house of my hostfamily


The driveway right next to the house


It's me on the Motorbike :-)


The dogs and me on the front door's steps

from the left: Jako ( he stayed with me in Germany as an exchange student and we became quiet good friends), his cousin Marina, Jako's parents (Ansie + Bruwer) and the other cousin Anina


Me posing on a friend's bakkie

Keine Kommentare: