Welcome on my blog!

I would like to share my adenventures from all over the world.
Feel free to leave a feedback!
Enjoy the blog!

Mittwoch, 28. November 2007

Welcome to Capetown


awesome Photo from Tablemountain/ the view is simply marvelous



Cape Town is the third most populous city in South Africa. It is the legislative capital of SA where the National Parliament is located. Cape Town is famous for its harbour as well as for its natural settings (f. ex.: Tablemountain, Cape Point...). Moreover, it is often considered as one of the world's most beautiful cities due to its geography. Generally, Cape Town is one of the most popular south african destinations for tourism. More infos on Cape Town? Then Follow the link: http://www.southafrica.info/




On the 10th of October it was time to pack up and head for my final destination in SA - Cape Town. I have been looking forward to it so much :). Since I participated in youth exchange in 2005 and kept contact to friends living near Cape Town, they offered me to stay with them. This was kind of a major relief for me as I did not have to worry anymore about board and lodging. My hostfamily lives in Somerset West, which is about 40km far way from Capetown. Anyway I have determined to find a job either in the gastronomy or in the hotel industry. My long term goal is to work in this industry.Thats is why I want to take the opportunity in order to gain experiences. Thanks to my hostmum Lizanne I got a job straight away. We went to a Restaurant called Manuka (Wine restaurant that originally comes from New Zealand) and the owner was willing to offer me temporary employment. Since nearly 7 weeks I have been working there and I dont regret it at all. It is hard work but it is fun as well since I get to know plenty of people etc.! On one day my hostmum and I went sightseeing to Capetown. We have visited the most popular tourist spots like Tablemountain and Capepoint and drove through the City of Capetown.





The weather here is basically terrific - it is heating up whereas it must be pretty cold in Germany now - sorry guys in good old Germany ha ha :) I love the beaches and want to go surfing soon. I did go fishing for a couple of time with one of my mates. We did not catch the big ones but enjoyed yourself anyway. More news coming up soon!


Check out photos below! :)


my hostbro Robert and Me

my hostdad Hardy and Me/ having a braai in the backyard

my hostmum Lizanne and Me/ Capetown in the background

close to Capepoint

Cape Point (where Atlantic and Indian Ocean get together)

Distance board ( Berlin = 9975 km)

stunning outlook on Capetown surrounded by mountains -

far in the back you can spot Robin Island

its been quiet cloudy on that day :)


Posing in my working clothes :)

Keine Kommentare: